Friday, November 11, 2016

Pastoral Ethics and Dual Roles

I found myself some frustrated in my schooling of Doehring with her discussion of ethics environ triple roles. Certainly thither are ethical considerations cardinal ineluctably to have in mind with regard to the disaster that a single rector may date a member of the flock. In such(prenominal) an instance, the government minister would need to intelligibly disclose this relationship to the congregation as well as seek guidance and reverting from the appropriate avenues. Additionally a pastor often holds dual roles with many members through teaching, jumper cable in worship, moderating committees, and counseling individuals. All these roles have the voltage to be infringeing with unrivalled a nonher(prenominal). The need for discretion is imperative. During adept conversation with my own pastor we were converseing of a ill-tempered issue at heart my family of origin. He asked me if I had heard an different member of our church speak closely something similar withi n her own family of origin, something she had been open or so in group settings and about which he knew he had authorization to, in hidden terms, adduce to me. He then asked if it was pass with me for him to suggest to her that the two of us talk. This situation would have the latent to break confidences if not handled appropriately. This was navigated by yet giving vague details of something disclosed in a group setting, not in private, and then inquire my permission to disclose to this other person for the purpose of comp unmatchednt me to find some support.\nWhat did chide me about Doehrings function about dual roles was primarily about how brief it was and how one particular example she utilise seemed particularly insufficient. This example was describing a pastor in a small town with only one pharmacy in which that pharmacist was a parishioner. In this instance Doehring suggests that there may be an ethical conflict of dual roles if the pastor needs to have a presc ription for an anti-depressant filled. Doehring then suggests that the parishioner may be unc...

No comments:

Post a Comment